This is a great thread because hunting partners have to be depended upon in so many ways. I hunted with my Dad and 2 brothers for years but they got old and fat and lost interest. I have a partner of 30 years that is solid but never wants to pay for anything. I have hunted with many people once. Some are whiners, some are not safe, and a lot of them are in it for the party not chasing game.

I value my one partner that is left because I know if it is the middle of the night in a snow storm and I get hurt he will get me out. I will do the same for him. We will be up in the dark making a serious effort every day unless it is a rest day. He will be of good humor. I will do the cooking but he will never complain about it. He will respect the animal that has given his life for us. He will not gloat about his success and will appreciate mine. He will pay his way and never backs out of a trip unless there is a serious reason. Hunting partners are some of the best friends you can have. Fishing partners are a little easier. Camping partners are easier yet.

The only cure for life and death is to enjoy the interval.
George Santayana