Thanks all.

I have 3 rifles in this caliber, all Rugers: two M77MkIIs and a #1A Lipsey special. They all do about 3-4 inches for 3 shots at 200 yards with 44gr of H4350 and either 140gr Hornady interlocks or Sierra boattails. Going up to 45gr gives measureable CHE which is a price I am not willing to pay. Accuracy and long case life is my bag. All of my Ruger 7x57s print 3 shots under 3 inches at 300 yards, and I would like that level of accuracy in my 6.5s as well if I can get it. The 7x57s are the same mix of rifles except one of the M77s is an older tang-safety model whos action is epoxy bedded. Maybe the 6.5s want their actions bedded too, I don't know. I don't think it would hurt, but I admit to being a little apprehensive about doing it. I would hate to glue them together permanently. I tried pressure bedding the forend of one of the 6.5s and it responded well, but I would prefer free-floated barrels if I can make them shoot, particularly in the wood stocks. I wouldn't be as concerned about forend pressure in a good synthetic handle, but they cost more than I paid for the rifles, and i prefer the looks of walnut to fiberglass and kevlar.

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.