Well all I ever had to do to get good accuracy out of the 6.5 x55's that I owned. I still have one. Is just fill with RL-22 Load a bullet didn't matter if the bullet was a 120 or any of the others up to 160 gr and I just shot and killed stuff. Work up to around 47 to 48 gr with a 140 gr bullet. Like John Said about the Ruger M-77's I had one too and once I did and bedding job and floated the barrel it was inaccurate enough to get me banned from the local turkey shoots. When ever I wanted to shoot for money I shot that rifle, and what ever 140 gr bullet mostly Hornady or Speer SP's over RL-22. I once with a box of 156 gr Norma loads put 20 into a 1 inch circle with some room to spare because a loud mouth said A. Ruger Rifles are inaccurate and crap, and B. I could not do it. It cost him 5 dollars for ever shot that when into an inch or less, or it would cost me 5 dollars a shot if it didn't . Easiest 200 dollars I ever made. These days I am more prone to shoot a good 120 gr bullet out of my current 6.5 x 55.

Last edited by gmsemel; 04/17/12.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov