Originally Posted by AggieDog
If your rifle prefers 120 grain bullets, why not go with the
Barnes Tipped TSX in 120 grain, or split the difference with their 127 gr LRX? Just a thought.

Thanks for the suggestion, AggieDog. I would really love to try some 100gr Barnes TTSX in my 6.5s but I just can't bring myself to pay the price. A box of fifty 6.5mm TTSX costs about $37. I can buy a box of 100 Speer, Hornady, or Sierras for under $25. I look at the Barnes bullets every time I go to buy bullets but I just cannot do it. Guess I'm a cheap bastid. Randy and Connie are just gonna have to make their retirement off someone else. I don't doubt they are fine bullets. In fact, I was really excited when the TTSX came out and was one of the first on the 'fire to post about them. I have actually used a few in my 300 RUM and 30-378 mag, and they shot really well, but I only used them because of the light speed of those calibers and their tendency to make mere mortal bullets splash like a raindrop.

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.