Originally Posted by riverjet
Here is my pack. Dan put a picture of it on the site. It is a CMII with bayonettes. I custom designed the pocket to fit my swaro spotter and tripod. Can't wait to load it up!!

1st attempt at posting pics...sorry

That is almost exactly what I have planned for my McHale and I will add the removeable side pockets for some uses. I also like the black.brown webbing and green body as I think that this will tend to "camo" here in BC's largely forested habitat.

I am a longterm hardcore fan of Dana Gleason's packs and have owned and used about a dozen, still have my original from 1978 and it is still in good shape, after years of hard use. It is now my urban hiking pack for carrying my wife's meds and water, etc, on our walks.

However, I have talked over the phone,etc, with Dan since about 1995, some members here and elsewhere have purchased packs from him at my suggestion and I just gotta have my own. I sold my MR BDSB and Dana-Bozo Astralplane and might sell a couple more of my MR packs, so, I "need" one like yours to carry whatever an elderly geezer like me can manage to haul up the Kootenay mountains.

Just this evening, I was explaining to my wife how much I "needed" one of these and she said, "well, I will have some spare money soon, I guess you have your birthday coming and know what you want"........marry the right lady, boys, it sure makes life a LOT better!!! smile

Where are you using that gem of a pack, it and Don's (dbsb) from a few years ago, are my favourites. I also like Charlie's (Vigilguy's) and consider these to be THE general purpose pack to have for the serious backpacker, hunter or not.

Good on ya, fill it with meat and bone! smile smile smile