Originally Posted by Biggs300
I had some issues this past season with the Gunbearer on my Kifaru Longhunter. With the butt bucket adjusted as low and as far back and/or forward as possible, my gun's barrel was in my way while glassing. The rifle is a Browning 300 Win Mag with 26in. barrel. I'm open to suggestions for adjustments on the Gunbearer that might help. The Longhunter is a great pack but, I'm going to try something different this year since glassing is a big part of the way I hunt elk and deer.

Here is a picture of how I modified my gunbearer. Its an adjustable strap I sewed onto the back of the "butt bucket". Its got a ring on the top so it slips onto the strap that connects to the shoulder strap. Depending on what type of load you have in the pack(whether youre upright or leaning foward) just tighten the strap if the barrel is in front of your face and it swings the barrel out. It makes a good thing even better. I used to have some close-up pics of the bearer by itself but I must have deleted them a couple years ago. I can take a couple if youre interested.
[Linked Image]