I have carried my original P-64 Mod. 70 Alaskans, in .338WM, with their 25" tubes in the Kifaru Gunbearer, on a Longhunter Rendevous, Gen. 1 and a MR NICE OK-6500 pack and in some fairly dense BC timber. It is OK and the Gunbearer is a brilliant design and with my little mod. of a safety strap, the best way to carry a gun I have ever tried.

I have carried a lot of rifles for decades during my years in forestry work and most times, I hated packing a gun. When, I got my first Kifaru Gunbearer, it ripped as soon as I put my rifle into it, this is in the photo of me sometimes shown here. So, I got a replacement and dicked with it and I would not be without it, by choice.

I have seen a lot of gear issues and everyone has likes,dislikes and issues; I really like the GB and have several of them and need some spare straps for mine to keep one on each pack. I place the buttholder as far to the rear on a given pack as possible and keep the rifle snug to my body and it works well in almost all situations.

So,experiement with it and see how it goes. I am doing that with posting pix, but, I am a stubborn old baztard and I will get it done if it takes me all month! smile