The three longest shots that I can recall making ( 285 paced, 300 estimated across a narrow canyon, and just over 500 paces) were made with a 4X Weaver, 2.5 Weaver, and a 4X Zeiss, in that order. This was not planned, it just was what I had on that day. I do not see the need for a Hubble to see as far as game can be taken.

Having said that, I admit to having five Leupold 3.5-10x40s, all AO except one. IMO, they are at the upper limit for size on a hunter. The 4.5-14 is essentially the same scope body (or really close).

The 3.5-10 (see SWFA) and the 4.5-14 are both available with or w/o AO. I like the AO better than SF.

My only Wby .257 (light sporter w/24" #1 bbl) was scoped with a 2-7 Leupold and it worked fine the season that I hunted that one. This was during my gun of the week/month period, and really good accuracy was not there, so it went that way. jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero