Originally Posted by Eremicus
Yeah, it is pretty funny sometimes.
I don't currently have any scopes on my serious big game rifles that aren't fully multicoated. But I own several, some which have only single coatings. In fact, my custom .280 is wearing an old 7.5X AO that is so old the serial number has no letters in it. Single coatings and old friction type adjustments on a full custom that wears a barrel that could have bought a whole rifle these days.
I guess I'm just out of step with the "in" crowd. Just helped a guy understand parallax and how to use his fancy $2000 long range scope to eliminate it. He couldn't thank me enough. Seems his new 300 RUM was only shooting 2 inch groups at 100 yds. Maybe the 3-4 inches of parallax his scope had might have had something to do with that..... E

E,

Your contempt for anyone who dares to spend more than $29.99 on a scope is a never-ending source of amusement to me. The guy had the money, so he bought a nice scope. We all have to learn how to do things at some point. Now he knows how to use his AO, or side-turret, whichever it is. You did him a favor, but your sanctimonious tone is misplaced and uncalled for. You're not better than him because he bought something he wasn't fully familiar with. You choose to hunt with the 6X loopies. He chose to shoot/hunt with something else. That really is as simple as it sounds.