At what point in your hunting life do you stop, step back, and then do a 180 in your likes and needs when it comes to your rifles? For me it has happened at the ripe old age of 43... for years I thought that these massive Alabama deer would laugh if shot with less than the 7 Mag I used for over 17 years. Well it has finally come to that point, bout 6yrs ago I had a friend talk me into my first 260 Rem but I really wasn't ready to totally give in, I still had the 7mm if those little 120gr 6.5 bullets bounced off..skip ahead a year or 3 and with 2 of my soon to be 11yr. old triplets wanting to hunt with dear old Dad I had to pick up a couple more lighter kickers so I picked a couple more 260's and 7-08's. But I still had the 270 and 25-06 if them big bucks fought back,..... well that is until about a week ago when the 25-06 went to fund a 45-70 after we loss our lease that had the long range possibility to an area where only thick pine stands and food plots are the norm and then today came the final nail, I sold off the FW 270 and picked up a 308 Kimber Montana to go along with 7-08 Montana ....and 3 260's and 2 other 7-08's. Don't know how it happened but now I'm here... now what? sorry for the long read.. DD

Last edited by Deputydad; 05/04/12. Reason: grammer

Roll Tide Roll, now lets go hunting!!!