Originally Posted by JohnT
The absolute best of the RUM series IMHO. So easy to reload for, choose any medium burning rate powder any bullet and it just shoots lights out. I rechambered a 375 H&H M70 stainless and it shoots cloverleafs with the 300 Barnes X. Anyone know where I can get a M70 magazine box which they made for the 300 RUM?

regards
JohnT

The 338 RUM is very good. A mate of mine has had a few made with both Tobler and Maddco barrels and had them to Africa twice. With bullets of equal sectional density it is the same as the 378 Wby for velocity. My mate with the 338 RUMs also did a lot with the 300 RUM and that included two trips to Africa but overall he rates the 338 RUM as better. For one thing more flexible with reloading and powder availability.

I think if the 375 RUM had been chambered in the CZ or M70 it would have been more popular. On the other hand the H&H and Ruger are seen as more practical and the 378 has more pizzaz and will do over 3000 f/s with all bullets.

But there can be no better endorsement of the 375 RUM than Saeed on AR using the pair of 404 Improveds neck to 375, although he loads down to about 375 Wby velocity. And he been to Africa with it loaded to 2600 with 300 grainers and also been with the 375 Lazzeroni (same as 378) but ended sup settling on 375 Wby ballistics but obviously with low pressure.