Originally Posted by predmaster223
I should have known that was coming. I grew up on an apple orchard in WV. My uncle owned another orchard right down the road and all my relatives and friends were big (for the area) farmers. We were issued permits by the hundred. Every evening after school I hunted (shot) deer. Just for the record these deer were not shot and picked out of the fields and put in piles or holes either. (which was done on many neighboring properties)
It was a great oppurtunity for some practice. My dad wasnt that interested in shooting them but myself and my uncle had a blast. He taught me how to reload and was big into shooting. We would see them at 100 yards and drive the truck to an even 300 or whatever we felt like depending on what we were shooting or just felt like. A few times we would take our big guns and move to an even 500. Those were the good old days. I would shoot them with my 7stw or he would get them with his 700 classic in 264 win mag. Both topped with the old 6.5-20 vari x iiis. But most of them died to my 223 and his 22-250 and his old tang safety ruger varmint in 243. good times indeed.

Hey man....I hope you didn't think I was ripping on you...not the case. I specifically made comment on special circumstance and that sure as hell qualifies! People have farms and orchards and deer are crop busters...I get it. In NH we have neither liberal bag limits, nor long seasons and I have not heard of many situations that called for special permits....not saying it doesn't happen here or elsewhere....I know it does....but I have not been a part of such an adventure or know first hand of anyone that has. That is all I was saying.

That said, I have heard some stories or inflated egos of some Klondikes with the whack em and stack em going on in their dream scape!

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu