Hi Woodsy, my point is that I had both a low scope safety, left hand, on my 416 wildcat Mauser, and the stock three position safety, on my 270 Win.,CRF Ruger MkII, left hand bolt rifle. Both rifles are scoped, and I carried both of them in the carrier in the High Rack Pickup Box. So it gave me a good chance to really compare them against one another.

I didn't know which rifle to grab, until the game presented itself. We went after small plains game, but I finished up with a Kudu and a Gnu. FWIW, I had my G.S. match the pull of the new Timney trigger in the Mauser build, to my existing 3.5 lb. trigger pull, in my Ruger MkII.

Walking over the ground, you can simply stop while you load or unload. But in a High Rack box hunt, and where I was, you can't even walk over all these loose rectangular rocks, in the Karoo, the driver has the final say, on the giddy up!

But on my Mauser, the safety locks down the bolt handle, on safe, so it comes off, to empty the chamber, as the truck bolts off. A two position safety that lets you unload on safe, is much better, in this High Rack drill, IMO.