You been told by someone who knows what he is talking about, but I'll repeat it for you. Springers are flushers and the harder they flush the better they are. There are soft flushers who screw around, but they are not the real deal. That's the way it is and the way it is supposed to be. Anything else is bullishiit. Of which you have more than a little.

Springers also don't back or honor naturally. They can be made to hup on command or at the flush and shot. That is sit. Mine do it on command when a Bud's pointing dog goes on point so my Dog doesn't bust in and screw up his Dogs point. But "backing/honoring" it isn't. Another major point regarding Springers, which only confirms that you are lost when it comes to the breed.

If his Springers are POINTERS, then they are a poor excuse for Springers, and it matters little how many Birds were shot over them.

Another thousand words on how Springers Spring-and the lack of any pointing. Try walking leisurely into these "Points" What say you hey?

I suspect you will continue on with your vast knowledge of how Springers get it done. It should be humorous to those who know, so don't let us hold you back.

Last edited by battue; 11/08/12.

laissez les bons temps rouler