Well MR. Expert, my springer owning buddy and I are laughing our butts off after reading your post. Not going to argue with you on the 'pointing' springers. Only telling you that I've hunted with him for over 15 years and he's always had springers, and they point. The younger springer he has now has be honoring since he was 5 months old. Yes, farm birds don't take off like the wild birds, granted, but farms are a big thing all over the country for folks who can't go to SD, Iowa, etc to hunt. Farms bring the birds to you, and you still have to hit them. We don't have a lot of wild birds in Ohio, but we do have some, and I've hunted them too. We've hunted wild bird in Iowa, Michigan, and SD. So don't tell me about wild birds vs. pen raised.Yes, wild pheasants take off like rockets compared to pen raised. They still fly and you still have to hit them. Say what you want MR. Expert, but we'll continue to hunt with these springers as the honor and point our birds here in Ohio. It's a dead giveaway that you don't know as much as you think you do when you tell me that the pointing and honoring springers I've been hunting with Don'T honor and point. P.S. I have a friend that raises labs too, and he actually has 'pointing' labs. Of course being an expert like yourself, you probably know about that too.... Now U have a good day Sir... (:

Last edited by hunter01; 11/08/12.