I am and always have been a fan of the Remington 700. From war zones to hunting every corner of the planet the 700 has been there done that. I have had yet to have a failure in any sense if the word , I do admit that I have sako style extractors installed in the majority of them, as i have witnessed extraction ejection failures on friends rifles .Although I have seen a 700 bolt pounded open with a rubber mallet after firing a "overloaded" round without the bolt coming apart , have even witnessed them kicked open with a boot heel due to the same problem. I have never been obsessed over controlled feed actions because I have found that feed issues with bolt actions are usually attributed to ammo/ magazine issues / spring and or follower. I like the simplicity of the 700. However, it does pain me to say that current production 700's have suffered some quality production issues , too bad that Remington has allowed this to happen. The simple and proven design isnt the problem its got to have something to do with chasing a dollar.