Originally Posted by Kodiman
Really???? Klik, you have had warranty issues with all those brands you listed? Seriously? That's hard to believe.

Let's just say that the brands I listed have all given me great warranty service, mostly when I asked them to send me the bill when I felt fully responsible. How can you fault a company, the Weaver example, when you drop a rifle from a snowmachine going 30-40 mph and both ends get bent to where the scope is off by two feet at 50 feet? I asked for a functional repair, not cosmetic perfection, and the bill. They sent a brand new scope with an N/C invoice. That has been typical of the other brands as well.

Heck, a stainless antennae mount I had on my skiff broke years ago. I called Shakespeare or wrote them and explained what happened and how, (a strong skiff can really beat the poop out of stuff in the coastal environment.) I just needed a replacement part which I figured they might replace or bill me for. I was okay with it either way. They sent a whole new unit, the heavy duty version which was considerably more expensive than the standard unit I bought in the first place.

My M700 "bolt handle falling off" experience, not the first I've seen, but own own personal experience, happened when I was heading out the door, had just loaded the magazine, and dropped the bolt on an empty chamber with the trigger pulled. I know that there is an element of snap-down when you do that, but never enough to stress a properly brazed connection. When they do it properly, it's fine. A fellow should not have to pay for their mistakes; because of where I live, by following their instructions for warranty service, I paid three times. Kind of hard to be impressed by that kind of service.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.