Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by aspade
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Actually, in the ghetto culture, the first thing they do with a puppy Pitbull (especially if they're involved in drug dealing, but even absent that factor) is to set about "making them mean." They have a whole procedure ...

Train them mean and breed the ones that pick it up. Exactly the same way that other breeds were given their own characteristic behaviors.

Mean is what a large portion of the pit blood line is now. Some of them aren't. Some of them are meaner.

It's not worth finding out by someone losing an arm.
It's little challenge at all to achieve "meanness" with a breed that has any natural spunk like the vast majority of Pitbulls do. Possessing said training-potential and being mean by nature are two completely different things, however. Most pits are bred for fighting ability, not for native "meanness." It's no trick making any of them mean, using the method I outlined. No selection process is needed. People have, in fact, been doing precisely what I outlined for thousands of years.

I'm not so sure that "most" pits are bread for fighting but I could be wrong. I would just be suprised if dog fighting is that prevailant in America today.