Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Originally Posted by smalljawbasser
Originally Posted by Jeffrey

I don't think anyone is disputing the physical potential of a pit bull, if that is what you're getting at. I just think that it is ignorant to generalize the entire breed as uncontrollable man eaters. I used to have a fear for the breed myself, until I actualy spent some time around a few. I have seen good pits and bad. One looks at the owners is usually all it takes to get a good idea of any dogs demeanor. Pits can make some very good family dogs. If you don't like pits, don't get one. If you have a dog running through your property and you want to shoot it, that's your poragative.

How do I teach my 5 year old to tell the difference if one gets lose and he's out playing in the yard?

I'm not a parent yet, but if it were my boy I would tell him to come inside if he saw any strange dog come into the yard and get his mama or papa to take care of it.

Should he run in before or after he gets mauled? Hopefully he's not busy playing and looking the other way.

I'm not worried about your dog so much. I'm guessing you are responsible and wouldn't have a dog that could get loose and cause harm. But they all look just alike, and therin lies the problem. Wouldn't it be better if we just let the breed die? If you dont want a dog that is aggressive or mean, why not get a poodle instead?

Last edited by smalljawbasser; 03/15/13.