I have used 130 and 150 grain monos in both .308 Win and 300 WMs. They work quite well. A 130 grain TTSX in a 308 Win is an outstanding deer killer, and by far my first choice bullet for that job in that caliber. In 300 WM, a better BC (heavier bullet) can take advantage of the case capacity and extend range over the 130 grain bullet. If you will be staying inside 300 yards The 130 is fine. A 130 grain TTSX can produce excellent accuracy out of a .308 at 3050 FPS, and usually does.

Black bears are no harder to kill than deer.

In an emergency situation with a brown bear it will be almost by definition a close range problem. I have never hunted brown bears and have no desire to ever do so, but if I lived in their territory and had to be concerned, I'd be quite happy with a Remington pump in .308 Win or 30-06 with even the 130 grain TTSXs. They will easily get through to where they need to go while giving you the advantage of taking a more angled shot if necessary. My experience with them is that they are far, far less effected by bone than any lead core bullets I have used or seen used.

I suppose if I were hunting brown bears I'd probably opt for the 300 WM but I would need some convincing to load bullets heavier than 168 grains.