Originally Posted by DP4
Originally Posted by MILES58
Originally Posted by BobinNH
Increased centrifical force.

I am not so sure I would buy that.

I wouldn't either. There's no such thing as centrifical force. It's called centripetal force. You could also use centrifugal force but real physicists don't.

Forgive my spelling. smirk I'm not a physicists(thankfully).I might get bogged down in my own bullshidt rather than approach these things with an open mind,and observations.

-Ever see a 90 gr HP fired from a fast twist 264 Win Mag fragment in thin air before it reaches a 100 yard target?I have because a friend used to do it regularly and we'd watch the puff of smoke at the range for entertainment.It isn't the speed that causes that...it's rpms tearing scored jackets apart.

-Ever wonder why Berger beefs up jackets for its' high BC target bullets,fired from fast twist barrels,because thin jackets were coming apart in mid air if started too fast from these fast twist barrels?(again, high rpm's).If they will come unglued in thin air, what makes you think that the additional stresses of impacting at high velocity would not be aided and abetted by high rpms's.

-Ever see two bullets of the same weight and design recovered from animals shot under similar conditions,one with the expanded wings at 90 degrees,and the other with the expanded wings off at an angle,and with greater expanded frontal area,fired at higher velocity and a faster twist(both resulting in higher rpm's)? Ever wonder how that happened?

Ever wonder why Bitterroots came with instructions to use a minimum twist rate and velocity level to ensure proper expansion? It might dawn on the clueless that the maker ran extensive tests and proved that higher rpm's resulted in greater and more certain expansion than the same bullet fired at lower velocity and fewer rpm's.But I doubt you've seen that because these tests were run 30-40 years ago;beyond the knowledge of flks who think this shidt is somehow "new" and all ballistic knowledge is less than 3 years old.

If you doubt it, call the maker and ask him...you'll probably be lost in the first 10 minutes of the conversation,much of it being excessively over your head.

-Ever wonder why varmint hunters have noticed greater "explosiveness" from bullets fired from fast twist barrels vs the same bullets at the same velocities from slower twist tubes? You would only notice this if (a)you shoot a lot of varmints;and (b)you pay attention.

-Ever wonder why reduced loads fired at close range to simulate expansion speeds at distance are invalid for testing bullet expansion at distance? Know why? Because rpms' are not anywhere near as high as the same bullet fired at actual distance under full velocity.Might also look into how this effects wound cavitation with expanding bullets that don't fragment;that is if you ever used one..

Those doubting this stuff are likely the same one's who say ..."200-300 fps does not matter"...."rpm's do not matter",nothing matters,and everything ballistic can be explained from the couch with numbers....what a laugh this place is sometimes. smirk smile.

Num

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.