Obviously Bob doesn't have anything to cite regarding monos opening wider at higher RPMs.

What happens to cup and core bullets is not going to be the same thing that happens with monos at similar speeds and I am pretty doubtful it would be even an applicable comparison at much higher RPMs because no one to my knowledge has yet demonstrated that over revving a mono to the point of self destruction is even possible.

We have long known that running cup and core bullets into flesh at very high velocity and RPMs can produce explosive results. But, we also know that we can do the same thing more or less at well below the threshold of self destruction.

Does anyone have anything??? Does anyone know if holding velocity constant and increasing RPMs increases expansion with monos? I know that if I run the velocity high enough I can shear petals, and that has a tendency to increase penetration from some limited test results I have seen.

We've know from the get-go with the monos that their increased length responds better to fast twist rates, seems a little odd we haven't done the experiments yet.