a little bit oof suject, but now that you mentioned TTSXs without the tip let me tell you, out of curiosity, my experience last week at the range.

with the roebuck season opening tomorrow, I went to the range with my K95 kipplaufcuhse and its 22-250, 1:14" barrel and the load I will be using this year, Sierra SMP 63gr, Norma's URP and CCI BR-2.

everything worked out as usual and the rifle printed a 5 shot group of barely one inch at 100 meters.

later into the season there are a couple of areas where we are allowed to shoot wild boar before they start feeding in the wheatfields and sunflower fields to prevent them from making damage, so I always like to carry a couple of cartridges loaded with Barnes bullets and because the 55gr TTSX look so well (!) and because they shot so well in my 1:9.8" twist 5.6x57 I decided to give them a try.

loaded with Norma 203B and the same BR-2 primer I took three shots, two of them hitting like 10" appart, and the third not even hitting the paper!

so I took the tips off the next three cartridges, shot them and printed a nice 0.7" perfect triangle!

it made such a huge difference that none of us at the range would have expected anything like that!

rgds.,