Yes, their phylogenetic relationship to the Farq is duly noted and is often used as a means of justifying their existence. But it is also, not really a Farqueson nor nearly as picturesque or as well balanced as its progenitor, just as a Ruger Blackhawk is not Colt Peacemaker.

They, I believe, legal in BPTR (Creedmoor and midrange), but I have never seen one in that application. I have no doubt they can be made to work and even shoot accurately. But there are so many other rifles that can do all that a Ruger can and still look good doing it.

BPCR rifles must have hammers, must be American made or reproductions of American made rifles of an era that has some sort of cut off that I do not recall. Farqs and, hence Rugers, are out, as are Sharps Borchardts (original or not) and Martinis, and many other serviceable, if somewhat complexion-challenged rifles of various parentages.

In my opinion, if you want a good bcpr, you can start and stop with a highwall. New (cheap) or old (maybe not quite so cheap), they will shoot at the top of the game, they are easy on the eyes, and they will win any game that the operator is sufficiently competent enough that he can get the job done.

But that's just me. Some say the same thing about Sharp's, and others about rollers, or Ballards, or Wessons, or even the slightly questionable Stevens among others.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.