Originally Posted by smithrjd
The 45 ACP is not in the same league as the 357 Magnum full throttle. Glock or not. Mine are 1911's. A 10MM perhaps. Again, what is it you want to do, and what can you shoot well. I have never had a revolver jam, or for that part fail to fire. Can't say that about an Semi auto.

Are we talking on paper or meat?

The 45 Auto, 45 Schofield or the 45 Colt, all in original ballistic form, will do what the 357 tries to do without bullet expansion/range parameters and blast, with just attention to meplat and sedate velocity. The 44's do too, for the most part.

I have a personal bit of trust in the wheelgun over a contraption, but a failure with a 1911 would be ignoring 100 years of understanding and the designer to boot.

Here's where I devolve into my stubborness: a handgun is not a rifle, rifle concepts do not apply; noise, racket and recoil hide the main attribute of frontal area.
Getting a smaller caliber to do the work of larger ones requires all three, plus the continual diddling of expanding bullets with narrow working parameters and 57 Hail Marys when the solution is a cork in and a cork out, without going deaf.

Last edited by HawkI; 08/18/13.