Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Honestly my friend, this may not be what your looking for in a Eastern whitetail hunt. For your needs you may want to consider TN, KY, or VA.

Although there are some decent sized deer in the Alabama woods, they aren't in high numbers. Most deer that I've seen here tend to be smaller than the deer father North.

What Alabama does offer is the near guarantee that you'll fill your freezer. Deer and pigs are everywhere and you can take one a day.

As far as the camp amenities go, it'll be tents, hammocks, and maybe a RV or two.

There are toilet facilities and water available.

Shooting distances, you'll be hard pressed to shoot any father than 50 yards.

It may not be that kind of hunt that you're looking for. But as you well know being a veteran of campfire get togethers, it will be a good time and there is game in these here woods.

Would love to see ya again, but completely understand if what you're looking for is found elsewhere.

Actually, I think this hunt just might be the deal I need. Anyone have extra space for me in their tent or RV? I am not going to be able to pack any such stuff in an airline sized suitcase. Is the hunt area anywhere near an airport I can fly into? I don't want to be a pain in the butt to anyone, but will need a bit of logistical assistance at that end such as a place to sleep and a ride from and back to an airport If I make the journey.

How much is a non resident license and tag? Or tag(s)? Any tree squirrels in those woods? I LOVE hunting and eating tree squirrels and would probably make the trip just for that!

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500