Originally Posted by mirage243
Can someone please post the correct dates for this hunt. I think Matt444 and myself got our dates confused. . . .lol

Will update later

Let me just say that the Mirage/Matt Camp out rocked!

Too many folks had stuff come up and I hate that, really was looking forward to meeting a lot of you, hope we can work that out again.

The hospitality and generosity of Bill aka Mirage243 is unmatched. This guy set me up with a first class wall tent to stay in, played camp cook for all of us and was master of the actual campfire. On top of that the guy saw more deer than anyone else in camp plus killed two yotes.

I made some new friends, saw a ton of new land more hog sign than I though possible and had an amazing time.

A few pictures:

Bill's campfire at about half size, when I arrived Friday night it was almost 4 feet tall
[Linked Image]

Getting set up in my awesome accommodations for the weekend. Wall tent plus wood stove equals a warm and toasty Matt
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

We had breakfast for dinner one night, again Mirage243 cooked. I made myself a turkey egg and bacon sandwich and I swear it was one of the best things I've ate in forever. It might have been the cold air and long day of hunting, but I swear it was great.
[Linked Image]

On the actual hunting, like I said I saw ton of sign, just no animals I could take. Hard going into an area blind, these guys did a good job pointing me in the right direction though, I believe the better days to hunt were Wednesday and Thursday, just not much moving Saturday and Sunday. Here is a shot of one of the trails, you can see on each side where the hogs have rooted. This is not even one of the more tore up areas!
[Linked Image]

A great swamp/bottom area I walked this morning, nothing there but a doe I almost hit with my truck driving in!

[Linked Image]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/alb...-A08B-D8FC1A86DD93_zpsr1cngo3p.jpg[/img]

Now yall make sure and let me and Bill know when the actual Bama Deer round up is.
<grin>