Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by pira114
The stupid part is (well, one of them), is that aside from that kick to the face, nothing on the dash cam showed anything blatantly wrong. It was totally unnecessary.

Personally, I love dash cams. 9 times out of 10, they protect us from bs claims by dirt bags. And if you do nothing wrong, you don't need to be worried about being filmed on the job or it being public record. I hope they do become public record.

100% common sense and reasonable!! cool

They need to become mandatory, and need to have good sound quality along with the video.

Both parties to a stop are then protected.

Agreed! Now, who's picking up the tab? We were asked to come to the table with a 10% (IIRC) decrease in budget. Adding cameras to cruisers certainly isn't in the cards.

When the Tasers were forced on us, we demanded cameras be added. We asked for a camera in the booking room for a long time prior to it being added. I'm all for a camera in my cruiser, but I don't think it's a high priority for my residents. They're the only opinion that matters.........

George

In this area we have a significant number of bad people, and a few too many bad cops. I just want to give both sides an incentive to be "more honest", and let the facts speak for themselves. If most of the cops in your neck of the woods are like you, well, I can see why your voters may place a lower priority on creating an accessible public record of your actions, but if they were like some of ours, I suspect their priorities would be realigned.

In Colorado taxes cannot be raised without a vote of the people. I've voted against virtually every tax increase since the amendment to our state constitution, but for this, I would vote YES.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 11/11/13.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell