Originally Posted by MissouriEd
Originally Posted by BACKWOODSCUSTOMKNIVES
Originally Posted by RickBin

Agreed!

Of course I see your point, The gentle man had his post in a group buy,He is not a maker that makes single knives a day to sale,Those were unused from his collection.A whole different situation than ours.

You don't at all see the point. That post was a much more professional presentation and very appealing to a potential buyer than many of the current proliferation of commercial posts.

Wait! I think I have the solution!
What we need is a forum on selling, professional presentation, marketing etiquette, etc. Not to mention photography tips to best show the finer attributes of the item being sold. Then the ad could be assessed by a chosen few to make sure it was in accordance with said policies and procedures. Then after a vote of the chosen few it could be posted or rejected as the case may be. Then and only then would the subjects be allowed to view said ad.

Maybe at that point all the whining and bitching could be directed at those who approved the ad for publication to the general forum.

That being said (partly tongue in cheek), These knifemakers are exactly that, knifemakers! They bust their asses, putting heart and soul into their products and try to bring them to the public to assess and let them see the quality and dedication they put in their work and try to get some reward for their efforts (money and recognition) only to be chastised by some nitpicking bullshit from some better than thou types who always find something wrong with everything. Maybe you should look in the mirror and make sure every little aspect in your life is beyond reproach.

A little insight into my post: Casey is my son, who I'm very proud of. I see him every day building knives, 10-12 hours a day, out of nothing but a chunk of steel into something that is truly beautiful and useful with nothing more than a grinding wheel and forge. I encouraged him to post on this forum because I thought the both he and the Campfire would benefit from his work, maybe I was wrong. Butch

The beatings will continue until morale improves