Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by Pootpeak
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
[quote=Pootpeak]

But I'll make it easy for you- military organizations do not value long distance running like they used to. One of the biggest reasons that we still do it as much as we do now is because it is easy and mindless, takes no knowledge to perform and because of dinosaurs that refuse to learn. The extreme focus of aerobic endurance is fading as the old school retires.

Not true. It depends on the Div. A guy I race with was special forces. He is probably one of the best ultra trail runners in the country. He learned this skill from his training in military. His Div consisted of guys that could cover tons of miles with no support and with heavy packs. There were "no" big guys in his div..... couldn't keep up. All dark haired guys of medium build with no distinguishing marks on the body. This scrawny guy is freaking animal....

First off Poot, there are no "Divisions" in Army SF, never have been, never will be. As far as guys who can cover beaucoup miles being carressed by ALICE, I've got the [bleep] T-shirt. You are right, there were few really big dudes in SF back in the day, but that was mostly because of parachutes coming in one-size-fits all, they didn't tend to have a long career as paratroopers. As for what US Army SF is doing for PT these days, I give you the THOR:

http://www.menshealth.com/best-life/mission-save-you

Sorry dude, I didn't get that t-shirt so I have my terms wrong. I will tell you I love my country and it respect and thank each and everyone of you that has served our great country. For that I am greatful!

I haven't looked at THOR, but I bet there is lots of sub-threshold activities that go on for hours.....

For what it's worth, I am sweating on my I-pad while on the spin bike. I feel better already...