Originally Posted by smokepole
If you don't mind me asking, what is your age, in round numbers?

Originally Posted by brymoore
Formidilosus, I appreciate the response. I'm about to turn 43 - I could be a poster child for some of your discussion. I figured out how to increase my T levels without drugs.

I'm good with block one and two. I did SS for a few years and I'm now doing an intermediate program (531). I spend a lot of time hiking with a 50 pound pack for leg endurance. I should lengthen the hikes this summer.

It looks like my missing element is endurance cardio. I gave up running three years ago due to a back injury. I'll either try running again or I'll start biking.

No problem. Getting your T levels checked is something that every male should do, and do not be afraid of taking testosterone supplements. In the next few years we will see a HUGE shift into the acceptance of testosterone and steroid use. Mainly because it works.

5/3/1 is good. Try to keep the pack weight to no more than 1/3rd of your body weight. Be easy with the cardio. I'm sure you know this but start slow and short.

Originally Posted by Calvin
Good post Form.

I know a few "animals" who can hike, hunt, and pack like beasts who don't lift heavy weights.... it must be genetics, or they just like the pain. I know I need to get my strength up to keep up with them.

Genetics and anger. grin

Originally Posted by smokepole
Totally off the subject, but in the other thread I noticed the mention of Injinji toe socks, what's the deal with those, do the liner socks help cut down on blisters/hotspots?

Exactly. I have chick feet and get horrible blisters and skin separation. Toe socks are the best thing I've found for combating that.

Originally Posted by elkhunter_241

It should be obvious that I am not a koolaid drinker of Crossfit. Having said that his spine was not severed by the bar. Anyone that watches that video can see that. While the culture often times encourages over exertion and they do feature technical lifts under time and fatigue, Crossfit has had more to due with preparing soldiers to go war than all other "forms" of fitness combined in the last decade. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.