Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
And why save outrage? I've got plenty for all of it. Where do you draw the line?

Dunno, maybe I'm too Irish, or maybe I've seen too much of life to sweat the small stuff, 25 years in a big city high school and all. I figure if I was at the side of the road that night getting beat to death by miscreants them exact same two Cops would have waded in and saved my life.

Like I said, I woulda just handed over my ID right off, and things woulda prob'ly gone very different.

Or maybe I'm living in never never land I dunno. I've just never had a problem with Cops is all.

Bottom line fer me is, did the Cops pull over with the intent of acting like d$cks. I dunno that that was the case.

Birdwatcher

I'm Irish too. It's not my Irish heritage that gets me riled up. It's my being an American.

I've never had an issue like this either. But just because we haven't, doesn't mean we won't.

I took this job to serve. Serve the citizens. And not just the ones with big problems. All of them.

When it comes to things like this I hear a lot that it's no big deal. Well, I say it is. It's not up to me what rights you figure are important. I feel they all are. And every intrusion, large and small, should be put in check.

Too many times we draw a line in the sand only to move it back if it seems easier to do so. F that. Put the line where it belongs. Right is right and wrong is wrong.

I don't know what the intent of the officers was when they first pulled up. Nor do I care. What I care about are the actions they took once they were there.

I've seen plenty of life myself. Hopefully plenty more.

I'm watching a bunch of 9 year old girls right now having the time of their life during my daughter's b-day sleep over. I can't help but wonder what kind of world they will have to live with if we "don't sweat the small stuff."

Last edited by pira114; 02/15/14.