goodness sakes, I have been pulled over by police probably more times than all the posters here put together. in my 25+ years of driving I bet I have been stopped probably about 60+ times. most of which was in small texas towns probably not much different than electra. I have been there BTW. never have I had that much issue with law enforcement. I have also been stopped in utah, NM, wyoming and nevada, and of course texas where I grew up. still no problems with law enforcement. never have I been asked to get out of the car or even have my car searched.

I do, do a couple simple things lately which if it has to do with speeding might just get me off from a ticket. if its dark I turn on the dome light so the officer can see in the car. I am careful where my hands are in particular when the officer walks up to the car. often times I put them out the window so they can see them. I see nothing wrong with showing a little respect for law enforcement. thats not giving up my rights its just doing the right thing. I must be doing something right because I have never had that problem. from the looks of it, had those guys in electra stopped me that night, I would have showed them ID told them what was going on and been on my way. The part I am concerned with is the officer looking the car though.