My suggestion is to consider using the 350 grain Barnes bullets. I used this combo on a trip to Zim last June. This was after I read Kevin Robinson's book- Africa's most Dangerous. He has a couple of chapters on calibre's and bullets and strongly recommends 350-380 grain bullets for a 375 At reduced velocity of 2300 fps to provide better momentum and penetration. I would suggest you get the book from Safari press as it is full of information about Cape Buffalo and all aspects of hunting them.
These bullets were devastating to the three Buffalo that I shot. There were 2 one shot kills and the PH mentioned that it looked like a 416 hitting the Buffalo. I only recovered one bullet and it opened in a perfect 4 leaf clover.I agree with
everyone else in regard to checking with the PH on this subject of what bullets to use.
All of the PH's in the camp I was in (SSG Safaris) carried only solids as we were in Elephant country. I used a Blaser R8 and brought 2 scopes. A 1.2-5 for the Buffalo and a 2-8 to be used with 270 grain Barnes for everything else. I hand loaded the 350 grain Barnes with 67.3 grains of RL 15 at 2300 and 77 grains of RL 15 for the 270 Barnes at 2750 fps.
We were hunting in Mopane areas and the shots were at 60 yards max. Both sets of Barnes bullets were very accurate and I did not use any solids.
Hope that this is helpful to you.