Originally Posted by DocRocket
Well, I for one am pondering this bullet question.

I am booked to hunt buff & plains game (in that order) in Zim next August with John Sharpe. I posed this question to John at DSC in January, and he is adamant about me using 300 gr A-frames for buff when I hunt with him next year. He's still not persuaded the 270 gr TSX's are as good. Others whose opinions & experience I respect have said they would rather use 270 gr TSX's, and I'm mightily persuaded, but bottom line, I'm gonna have to go with John's choice.

John is a dear friend, but his views like a lot of PHs are a bit behind the times. No matter how hard myself and others tried, we could not convince him for example, that flat nose solids such as the CEBs or North Forks FAR out perform Woodleighs. The 270gr TSX is a PROVEN performer and it gives you more versatility with near identical 3006 trajectories. This is a great advantage if you are only carrying one rifle. Then again on buffalo I've only used the 400gr Aframe in the 416 Rigby and the 300gr in the 375. smile

It's YOUR safari and it's not like your using a 700 with Sierras! smile

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”