I'm not really sure about a solution, or even a way to ease the problem. We need more hospitals and clinics.

In one respect, I think it's unfair to ask you to give up your place and not be able to provide an alternate date - especially if you've been waiting. I do understand however, if I needed cancer surgery, I would try very hard to get to the head of the line. Having said that, I think they should have to provide you with an acceptable alternative.

I wonder if the provincial government used secondary facilities - clinic sized - for certain surgeries or procedures traditionally performed by hospitals. I hesitate to use the phrase "simple surgeries". Even minor procedures get turn critical quickly. Since I'm not a doctor, I cannot think of a list that might qualify. There have to be procedures that people are going to hospitals for that can be done somewhere else.

Years ago, it was unusual to see groups of doctors in a "medical centre", complete with a pharmacy, lab and physio offices. This is more common now, and is a great way for doctors and pharmacists to reduce their overhead. Perhaps they could expand on the idea - located close to a hospital, in case things go wrong.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]