Agreed, I wasn't an emergency, I had giardia last time I was there...I realize it wont kill me but I damn sure wasn't leaving there until I had a prescription (anyone who has had it will understand)

Just to be clear I'm not dragging my ass in there every weekend. I've been to emerg for myself twice in my whole life. My upcoming prescription filler will be #3

Public health nurse? A quick google check shows me we have one office in our county and they will: give imunizations, help you quit smoking and anonymously check for STD's. I don't need any of those services.

We do have 2 clinics in town- One you can only attend if you are a patient of the 7 family doctors that run it.
The other one is open to the general public from 5-8 on tuesdays and thursdays. My wife has been to it (I never have) she said that people start to line up outside the doors at 3:00 to try and get in. They only allow so many people in and then close the doors... I'm not sure how long she had to wait there (for sure less than the emerg).... If you can get there and get in line at 3, on a tuesday or a thursday... I however have to go to work, to pay my taxes, to support our medical system frown

I agree it is absolutely crazy to have to go to emerg to renew a blood pressure prescription.... I haven't done it yet but what other choice do I have really?

I live about 2 hrs from the border crossing in buffalo- I've been seriously toying with the idea of driving down there and paying some american DR. his $50 (100? I have no idea what it would cost really) to write me a prescription.

Last edited by notlim; 07/30/14.