Well Keith, I hear ya.. but a lot of folks don't always understand what costs doctors have to deal with... I'm going back to the late 80s... I knew a Cardiologist at St Luke's down in Kansas City, a big Cardiology Dept, doing cutting edge new procedures etc....

This Doctor had never been sued for malpractice....however he told me for him to open his doors on Jan 2, he had to pay his insurance up front in full by Jan 1. That figure was $800,000 bucks ( American) before he could open his doors at 8 AM on Jan 2nd....cash on the barrel...

Also in the 1990s, according to the IRS, the Average American Physician claimed approximately 1/3 of his gross receipts as uncollected debt annually.. medical claims not paid, because 'the paper work wasn't right' according to the insurance company... or just people not paying their bill and it was uncollectable...

Especially under Obama Care there is a reason a lot of physicians on our side of the border, are looking to retire, go into Administration etc... and as was said, half of Canada's doctors have migrated to this side of the border....gotta be a reason for that...can't be because they will make less money down here...