Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Originally Posted by JoeBob
It would seem that right or wrong, public outcry and protest can still make a difference without the necessity of a bloodbath. Let this be a lesson to the naysayers.

You can rest assured, the Gov't isn't just going to "Give Up" and walk away from this one.

They've got other avenues they will travel down to rid themselves of the rancher.

If I was Mr. Bundy, I'd be expecting JackBoots to kick in my door in the middle of the night, then probably die in the melee from "accidental" gunfire of some sort...

Oh, they probably will just give up and walk away for a little while at least. After all, they've had a court order to do this since 1998 and they just now had the guts to try it.

The government in charge doesn't want any bad publicity on this before midterms. After that, it will be the presidential election 2016 and after that? Who knows? With a little luck, Bundy may win this yet.

The government does not have nearly as much power as we let them think they have if we are bold enough to assert our rights. Americans for all our talk, roll over pretty easily in the face of force. They do better than we do in places like China. There are photographs in China of a guy who refused to get out of his house and has two massive hotels built within two feet of his walls. Another guy did the same thing and there is a giant six lane highway that takes a literal ninety degree turn at his front door.

This guy hasn't and didn't roll over and now public opinion is on his side.