For comfort/flexibility/convenience going down the road and least hassle when stopping to sleep/visit - I think decent sized motorhome.

For flexibility when you are staying somehwere for a while and want to run around in a truck - a trailer, and I prefer a 5th wheel setup due to towing stability.

There are some excellent pickup bed mounted campers on the market, but they seem like the least best option these days. Even the great ones are cramped in space by comparison, but a good thing is you are not concerned about a trailer back there and a truck with camper can go most places easily.

For easiest tow, lowest cost and ability to get into tighter/bumpier places for hunting/fishing, etc. - I prefer a tent trailer (some call them pop-ups). But, it''s even easier to just sleep in the back of my old 4wd Blazer when way,way back in hunting.

We have done all of the above and currently have an aged motorhome and aged tent trailer. I recently converted an old motorhome to a flatbed/gooseneck hauler (with sleeper cab) and am looking for a less than 25 ft. used 5th wheel in great condition. Not easy to find around here.

That's all I have to add - hope it helps.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron