have had a motorhome, currently have a slide in camper.

like it for up here, as you said Calvin, I can tow the boat or snowmachine trailer behind it.

we beat the crap out of our old slide in by going down some pretty rough roads. One time I had to sit on top and saw overhanging limbs outa the way while momma kept inching us closer to the gravel bar on the river we wanted to camp.

for just the missus and I to tour America, we're looking at a van setup like one of the posters pictured. Will probably rent one for a trip (if we can find one available to rent) to see how we like it.

if it's too cramped, gonna go the 5th wheel or bumper pull version. We'll do plenty of camping but will want to go to some cities as well.

I desire to have the ability to be more mobile than what a slide in or motor home offers doing such.

I'll try the van thingy route, but really don't think it will be roomy enough.

we don't need much, smaller 5th wheel or bumper pull will be plenty for us and the odd grandkid or two

I've got to see about riggin up a small motor for my inflatable canoe, but my wife really doesn't enjoy being on the water as much as I do.

but I've a feeling the van thing will be just too small for comfort.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.