Holy cow!

DF, I hear you about Louisiana heat and humidity. The one thing we have here is a breeze blowing off the Atlantic all the time. When the breeze is still in your neck of the woods, it can be miserable. Oh, and my Thermacell was sitting on my desk at home, doing me a lot of good out in the woods! And why no seeums are so far from the water, I haven't a clue, but they certainly were. So it was back to the DEET. Glad I'm done with the family stuff. I've used enough of that poison that my next kid would probably have one big eye right in the middle of the forehead.

Ingwe, get the Thermacell and some extra fuel and mats. You ought to be fine. February in Florida ain't like February in Montana. It won't be anything like it is right now (it may be 80 degrees but the humidity won't be so high), but it can still be buggy. No snow, though.

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown