Originally Posted by solgardener
So I haven't been on the site in a long time. Going back about 5 years, I had bought an Interarms Mauser in .243 as a base for a 9.3x62 build.

After many years of the project getting off the ground, I decided to sell the Mark X and scrap the idea.

Things have a funny way of working themselves out though. I had posted the Mark X for sale on a local forum and had a buyer before the end of the day. Later that week, I stopped by a friends shop. He and I had plans of building up a couple 9.3's together. So we chatted a bit and I told him I was selling my .243. He says to me "Oh, I should have told you, there a gun shop just past your house and he has a 9.3x62 for $450. I don't know why I didn't think to tell you!"

So, next day I go by the shop and ask the owner if he has a Mauser for sale. He says, Uh, no. I says You don't have a 9.3x62? He says, well, I do have this CZ a guy sold me. It's in some weird caliber. It might be 9.3. So I follow him to the gun rack and he picks up a CA 550 American in 9.3. We chatted a bit about the gun and the caliber. He said a guy sold it to him with some ammo. The guy was gonna go on a hunt that never came about (much like my 9.3 build). So the tag has a 450 on it, so I ask him if he'd do $450 out the door. He says "Uh. No, that's about what I have in it. What's the price on it. Turns out 450 was a stock number, but it's priced $675. He says I'll do $650 out the doors and I'll throw in all the ammo. I say fine. He gets the ammo, and I'm figuring a couple boxes of Privi or such. Turns out it's a box of Nosler Custom 286gr Partitions, a box of Norma 232gr Vulkan and two boxes of Superior Ammo made up of 10 each 286gr Woodleigh SP's, 286gr Barnes TSX, 250gr Woodleighs, and 250gr Barnes TSX.

I knew that made the price of the gun worthwhile. I figured at least $30/box.

So I out money down on the package.

I priced the ammo online yesterday, and it's nearly $300 retail. So <$400 for a like new 550 in 9.3.

Made my week. Can't wait for squirrel season. Ya'll suppose those 286 gr Woodleigh will stop a gray squirrel?

Sounds like you bent that guy over the counter to me... Pics of the rifle would be nice too...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA