Originally Posted by haverluk
Safariman, Clear our some of you PMs and tell me about the stock Karnis did for you. My CZ 9.3 need a little upgrade. Its already been to AHR for sights, banner smoothing, trigger and bolt handle. Next is the stock...

I cleared out enough PM's to be able to recieve a new one or two, thanks for the heads up.

Here is the stock Karnis did for me using the FACTORY CZ stock! Who knew that varnished piece of wood had this much beauty hidden inside of it?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I especially appreciate the wonderful, open, slender grip he cut out of that hunk 'o wood that CZ sent the rifle out with. Also the flush fitting or fully recessed 'super grade' esque sling swivel mounts. The one up front for sure, as this rifle would, when I first shot it, cut a brand new groove into your hand with its originally placed sling swivel stud out there in the open on the forend. My first solution was mounting the sling swivel out from the forend tip.

My metalwork was done by Ed LaPour (model 70 safety, single stage more robust trigger, slicking everything up, Wiessner bottom metal allowing for a capacity of FIVE 416 Rigby rounds down in the magazine etc. Jim Rector of La Grande OR did the bolt handle turn up.

I take this hunting for North American game now as my chances of going back to Africa and AK are not so good these days. But, with a 350gr TTSX at 2750 (my 100gr of powder load above) it is pretty flat shooting etc. With the proper stock now, the FELT recoil is much less. Probably has something to do with being abel to grip and hold onto the rifle better!

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500