Originally Posted by solgardener
My interest in the 9.3 goes back at least five years, so I have an idea of it's usefulness. It's unlikely that I will ever hunt in Africa, but the big game in North America are not out of the realm of possibility. I wanted a 9.3 more because I "just did" than for any actual need. I will hunt whitetail with it this year. I'm thinking I'll stick with a Norma 232 Vulkan for them, over the 286gr bullets. The only detractor I've noticed is the lack of lighter bullets for less big game. Maybe they're out there but I haven't found them. A friend just bought a CNC turning center and is planning to turn some solid copper bullets for his 338 Lapua. I'm considering working on a solid around 200-225 grain for the 9.3 if we can keep the dimensions right. I'm a long range shooter, so it's hard to not want to do the same with the 9.3. I see that with 250gr Accubonds, the rounds is still supersonic at 1,200 yards (and has the energy at 800 yds that a 5.56 does at the muzzle). I know that's not the typical application of the bullet, but if it'll do it, I'll try it.

I was just ribbing you a bit, was pretty sure that you - like most folks here- know of Dr Robertson's significant successes with the 9.3 as well as is overall usefulness.

Just could not pass up the opportunity for a little bit of fun with the reply post.

I hope you enjoy your 9.3x62 even MORE than you think you are going to! Thump 'em, bubba!

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500