My interest in the 9.3 goes back at least five years, so I have an idea of it's usefulness. It's unlikely that I will ever hunt in Africa, but the big game in North America are not out of the realm of possibility. I wanted a 9.3 more because I "just did" than for any actual need. I will hunt whitetail with it this year. I'm thinking I'll stick with a Norma 232 Vulkan for them, over the 286gr bullets. The only detractor I've noticed is the lack of lighter bullets for less big game. Maybe they're out there but I haven't found them. A friend just bought a CNC turning center and is planning to turn some solid copper bullets for his 338 Lapua. I'm considering working on a solid around 200-225 grain for the 9.3 if we can keep the dimensions right. I'm a long range shooter, so it's hard to not want to do the same with the 9.3. I see that with 250gr Accubonds, the rounds is still supersonic at 1,200 yards (and has the energy at 800 yds that a 5.56 does at the muzzle). I know that's not the typical application of the bullet, but if it'll do it, I'll try it.