Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Off a bench under a tin roof, you'll feel the concussion when that thing goes bang... shocked

Will definitely test your hearing protection equipment.

NPT's aren't the sleekest LR bullet, but effective. In some guns, I've seen them prove to be the most accurate bullet.

DF

10/4 on that

[Linked Image]

The bench rest range as our shooting club is covered, and it seems that it always is the case that the guy on my left or right is always shooting either a rifle with a brake or a newbie with an AR and no brass catcher *usually on my left in this case) I've learned. I wear ear plugs and ear muffs. Definitely helps with the concussion.

I've not yet shot the 300 Roy. I'll clean the barrel down to bare metal with a JB bore paste and Kroil combo. I've loaded up some 180 gr. Nosler Ballistic Tips with 75-79 gr. of RL 19 in 2 gr. increments and some IMR 7828SC from 80.5-84.5 gr., the same at a COAL of 3.565. I've laid in a store of Accubonds. Since I'll only be shooting deer and hogs, the Ballistic Tips should work fine, but I do like the performance of the Accubonds. Depending on the groups I'll probably end up using a load that clocks around 3,000 to 3,050 fps. Anyway, whoever owned it before replaced the original pad with a kick-eze 1" pad, bedded the action, did a trigger job and magna-ported it. Will see what the rifle sez.

Best,

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 08/18/14.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.