Originally Posted by Barak
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Sharpton would be proud of his "brother" speaking out against that racist O'Reilly trying to smear the good name of that fine young man who the police gunned down in cold blood...just because he was black...

Given the larger context of a government murdering its subjects, which this incident may or may not be another example of, I don't give two whoops about racism. For me, murder trumps unfairness every day.

I was just pointing out that it would look a lot better for the police department if Wilson had been injured in the incident than if he hadn't. Surely that's not a controversial statement.

The other two statements are simple extrapolations from that.

First, if Wilson's injury had been part of the narrative from the very beginning, it would be a lot more credible than when it is suddenly inserted after a week of rioting.

Secondly, some police are demonstrably not above creating injuries after the fact to excuse their actions. Remember those three cops who broke into the old lady's house and killed her, then each arranged to acquire small-caliber minor gunshot wounds themselves that they used to justify the shooting? I have no idea whether Wilson is that kind of a cop, but I know of nothing that militates that he can't be.
Valid points, Barak.