Originally Posted by jorgeI
"personal vendetta" what bullshit. I am in complete agreement we went into Iraq and indeed after 9/11 piecemal and not with the 'Total war' mindset of WWII. In my opinion what Bush should have done and at the time he had the backing of the entire political spectrum (save for a few kooks):

1. Formally declare war on the floor of the combined Houses
2. Put the country on a war footing, raise the possibility of a draft, war bonds, the works.
3. Gone into Iraq with the correct number of troops for an inavsing/occuping force.
4. Punish mercilessly any nation state supporting same.

And yes before anyone starts it, the intelligence was WRONG. Wont' be the first or last time, but to suggest the war as a personal vendetta is well, stupid.

when a president says "he tried to kill my father"

then yea, I'd say its a personal vendetta. I don't really care whether you think its bullshit or not - Bush and company ignored the voices telling him he was wrong, he squandered valuable US resources and goodwill on his white whale Iraq. Matter of fact they retaliated on the folks that told the world they were wrong.

Osama wasn't in Iraq. Al Qaeda wasn't in Iraq (until we destabilized the country) - so just why in the hell were we going into Iraq after 9/11?

Bush and company created a narrative to justify going into Iraq with 9/11 giving them the ability to do so.

And to add further insult to all of this - a country that had no...zero...terrorism on 9/12/2001 is ground zero for the biggest terrorism threat to us on the planet now.

Last edited by KFWA; 09/03/14.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings