Originally Posted by 35WhelenNut
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Originally Posted by scouttracker
The 45 ACP and 357 don't seem to be talked about much anymore. Have they been declining or just about these days.

They aren't rounds for people who blather about minutia incessantly on the internet, they are rounds for people who go out and shoot.

HOLY SHEE-IT!! Someone FINALLY said it!

Am I the only person seeing the trend of shooters who spend infinitely more time behind a keyboard than behind a trigger?? It's near impossible to carry on an intelligent conversation because everyone's "knowledge" is either a) opinion, b) read from another internet forum or c) seen in a YouTube video. Anyhow, I digress....

Yes, I think the .357's popularity is waning because it's a revolver cartridge and revolvers are "old", "outdated" blah, blah, blah. The 45 ACP though I think is going as strong as ever.

I have a 45 ACP (Colt Series 70) and love it, but I'm more of a revolver guy.

I have three .357 revolvers, but to me the caliber is sort of in between. Much too loud and blasty for every day shooting, but not really enough for serious hunting.

My extremes are the .38 Special for plinking and fun shooting and either a .44 Special or 45 Colt for hunting.

Could not of said it better myself.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.